Thursday 14 July 2016

tacenda

You're my midnight thought and my midnoon trance when I'm lost in that midnight thought.
You're all I think about when I don't have anything to think about and you're all I think about when there's other things I should be thinking about.
You mean the world to me and the world means nothing to me when I'm with you.
Your embrace smells of my favourite cologne and that faint smell of sweat and your embrace smells like the home that I always imagined to have, but never really had.
I've switched houses to houses but this is the first time I've finally stepped into home.
Your love overwhelms me so much that I often find myself crying at 3 am, wondering what great things I did to have deserved you, while at the same time wondering if I truly deserve you.
I don't know what this feeling inside my heart is. It's warm and it's heavy that leaves my lightheaded and fills me up and consumes me with something that I don't know.
What I know is that when I'm snuggled deep in your arms, getting high off the smell that I'm now way too familiar with, and look up to catch you looking at me with your deep set, warm and kind eyes, I see unconditional and irreplaceable, pure and absolute love.
You're mine and only mine and while I may be skeptical and cynical of the future, I still want to risk it all and confess that I sometimes dream about our forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment